It's Diana Vreeland's day.
What more can we say, possums?
And so, without further ado, Why don’t you…
* Trim the beige quilted satin petticoat of a dressing-table with two wide flounces of black lace, mounted with big flat jet beads?
* Line the shelves of your closets with old-fashioned sweet-smelling grass matting, as Herman Patrick Tappé has done in the closets of his shop?
* If you are tired of your pine farmhouse furniture, paint it white picked out with gold, and with red satin ribbons tie little cushions of leopard plush on the chair seats?
* If a guest arrives at your house after a long motor trip, have the bed turned down and lay out a white shantung dressing-gown tailored like a man’s and monogrammed with your own particular monogram on the sleeve, so that she may rest while she is being unpacked?
* Remember to put an eye-shade on your guest’s bedside table, as the chances are the sun will wake her up?
* Have your cigarettes stamped with a personal insignia, as a well-known explorer did with his penguin?
* When you are buying black in any material, see that it is very black?
Wednesday, March 28, 2007